table of Contents
If you love editing photos, you probably know about Canva. This software program is one of the most complete tools. It's free unless you sign up for a premium subscription.
Some creative processes you can engage in in Canva include removing the background or objects from your photos. You can insert another graphic or image in its place.
You can learn how to erase in Canva by following the tips in the guide below.
How to delete in Canva
Read the guide below to learn how to delete in Canva. With this tool you can delete elements, people and text.
You may also like:How to remove part of an image in Canva
How to delete part of an element in Canva
Learn how to remove part of an image in Canva. Start by removing a single item that is present in the software. You can also erase the background or adjust an item.
Remove an element from an image in Canva
If you want to remove part of an image in Canva that is an element you've added, you can! The following steps will help you when using Canva in yoursComputer.
- Go to www.canva.com on your desktop computer.
- Select the project that contains the item you want to delete.
- Click on the specific item you want to remove. You can select multiple objects by holding down the "Shift" key on your keyboard.
- Click the delete icon on the toolbar. It resembles a trash can.
Delete an item in the Canva mobile app
You can also learn how to delete in the Canva mobile app, as shown in the information below.
- Download Canva from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Click on the project with the item you want to delete.
- Touch the item you want to delete.
- Delete multiple items by touching and holding one. Wait for the popup menu to appear. Press the dotted square followed by "Multiple." Finally, select the other objects you want to remove.
- Tap the delete icon at the bottom of the editor screen. It resembles a trash can.
If you're looking to enhance your photos in Canva, consider using background remover. This tool allows you to edit photos and graphics with the procedure described below.
- Go to www.canva.com and sign in to your account.
- Click the "Upload" tab in the left menu to upload an image.
- Select the image you want to edit and drag and drop it into the blank project.
- Click Edit Image in the toolbar at the top.
- Select the Blood Glucose Eliminator option.
- Click "Erase" to start removing the background.
- Wait for the background to disappear.
- Click "Apply" to save your changes.
Full instructions:How to Post to Instagram from Canva
Use the Canva app
You can also use Canva application to remove background information from your images. For the steps for this software program, see the information below.
- Download the Canva app on your smartphone. You can find it for free in the Apple App Store or in the Google Play Store.
- Open the project with the background you want to remove.
- Touch the image with the background you want to remove.
- Click Effects on the bottom toolbar.
- Select "BG Remover" and wait for the process to complete.
- Wait for the background to clear.
The background remover only works 500 times in 24 hours. A massive group of photos will not be processed.
Refine or remove part of an element
You can use Canva's eraser tool to modify the results of the background removal. The steps required to get clear results are listed below.
- Use the last set of steps to access the background removal tool.
- Press "BG Remover" followed by any of the brushes. Options include the "Erase Brush" and the "Recovery Brush."
- Use the Brush Size slider to adjust the area you want to erase.
- Click and drag over the parts of the image you want to remove.
- Tap Done on the toolbar when you're done.
- Click "Apply" in the sidebar to save your changes.
Adjusting an element in the Canva mobile app
The steps to adjust the deletion process in the Canva app are the same as on the desktop version. Canva software can remove objects and backgrounds from your images on Android or iPhone.
Related:photo editing tips
How to delete a person in Canva
You can use Canva's Eraser tool to remove a person from an image. You will follow two steps for this process. You cannot remove people or objects without first removing the background.
Use the eraser brush tool
After using the background remover, you can learn how to erase with the brush tool in Canva. To learn about the entire process of deleting a person, see the information below.
- Open a browser on your computer and go to www.canva.com.
- Sign in to your account and find the project that has the person you want to remove.
- Click on the Edit Image menu.
- Locate the BG Remover tool.
- Press "Delete" and remove the background.
- Click "Clear Brush".
- Adjust the size of the tool with the slider.
- Click and drag over the person you want to remove.
- Tap Done, then tap Apply to save the changes.
Related:The best photo retouching app
Use the eraser brush tool in the Canva mobile app
You can also use the Canva Eraser tool in the Canva mobile app when removing people, as shown below.
- Open the Canva app on your smart device.
- Log in to the software and find the project you want to edit.
- Click Effects on the toolbar, then click BG Remover.
- Choose the Eraser Brush Tool.
- Adjust the brush size with the provided slider.
- Drag the brush over the person you want to erase.
- Touch Done to complete your changes.
Use the recovery brush tool
You can restore any person or object you delete if you change your mind. The steps required for the recovery process are listed below.
- Open the project in which you recently deleted an object or person.
- Click Edit Image and then Blood Glucose Eliminator.
- Locate the Restore Brush Tool.
- Adjust the size of the tool.
- Slide your finger over the area of your image where the person or object was.
- Click "Done" when the recovery process is complete.
- Press "Apply" on the left side of the screen when you are done editing.
Use the Recovery Brush tool in the Canva mobile app
If you make a mistake in the mobile app, use the Recovery Brush tool with the following steps.
- Open the Canva app and find the project with the person you want to remove.
- From the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, tap Effects.
- Click BG Remover and then click Restore Brush.
- Use the slider to make the brush smaller or larger.
- Hover your finger over where the person or object was.
- Wait for the person or object to reappear.
- Touch Done to complete your project.
Full instructions:How to Create a Watermark in Canva
How to remove text in Canva
The steps for learning how to remove text in Canva are the same as for removing any other object. First use the background remover and then select the eraser brush. This process also works on the Canva mobile app.
You'll most likely need a smaller brush when learning how to erase part of an image in Canva, such as text. You should find the words you need to delete instead of accidentally deleting the necessary information.
Related:Photoshop borders fade transparent
background eraser app
If you're learning to erase in Canva, you'll first need to use the background remover. Sometimes this tool is not accurate, resulting in messy images.
You can access various third-party software tools on your computer or mobile device. These software programs often leave better quality results.
Free Third Party Apps
Several third-party apps are free to help you erase backgrounds and objects. Learn about three of the best options below.
Entfernen.bg automatically finds the subject in your photos. You get clean, crisp edges so your images don't look cluttered.
First you go to the Remove.bg website and upload the image with the background you want to remove. You will preview the edited photo in a few seconds. Click Download to save your image to your computer.
You can integrate Remove.bg with other applications that may be on your computer. You can further edit your photos in Photoshop, Visual Studio Code, or WooCommerce. Transfer your images directly from one software program to another.
Full instructions:How to highlight text in Canva
Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Adobe Creative Cloud Express offers a free background remover, whether you have a subscription to Adobe products or not. Download the software or visit the website and upload your photos to get started.
After clicking the background removal tool, Adobe Express will automatically begin to erase the back of the image. You can customize it with the software's editing tools or download it right away.
Some Adobe Creative Cloud Express editing tools include filters, basic white balance, and over 100,000 templates. You can also crop or frame uploaded images.
Apowersoft Background Eraserit is a completely automatic software program. Use the crop feature to identify the subject of your image, no matter what it is. Apowersoft recognizes people, animals and objects.
Apowersoft Background Eraser also allows you to manually remove the background. Use the Keep or Remove tool to emphasize the edges at the back of the image. You can crop, adjust, zoom, move or duplicate any object or detail in your photos.
You can create a custom collage or layout using any clippings from your previous photos. Combine the motifs to create a unique image that you can share with others. You can edit hundreds of photos at once to simplify the process.
You may also like:
- How to crop the background of an image
- How to crop an image to a circle on iPhone
- How to blur the background
Delete in Canva
You must know how to erase in Canva. You can remove background, object or person in this software. It is available as a desktop website or a mobile app.
First remove the back of your image with the Background Remover Tool. You can access this from the Effects menu on desktop or from the Edit Image option in the mobile app.
Finally, you can use the eraser brush to remove objects and people. This tool is only available after clicking Background Remover.